RAID 0 or Raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLee

Beta member
Im running a fast AMD clawhammer and a Gig of DDR2 400, Im debating on whether to buy 2 Serial ATA Hard drives and RAID 0 them or Buy a large Raptor. Has anyone done either one of these, which do u think would be faster. All I run is development software, a few high res games and XP Pro.

Thanks

The Raptor would be easier to set up and maintain. They would both be about the same in terms of performance. The best option is to get a modest Raptor, and a big SATA drive. You only need the raptor for applications/games. The 150GB raptor is a waste of money.

Vybuni said:
The Raptor would be easier to set up and maintain. They would both be about the same in terms of performance. The best option is to get a modest Raptor, and a big SATA drive. You only need the raptor for applications/games. The 150GB raptor is a waste of money.

i agree the 150GB raptor is not worth it i think the 74GB would be worth it. Im etting one myself.

FunkMaster66 said:
i agree the 150GB raptor is not worth it i think the 74GB would be worth it. Im etting one myself.
Getting double the cache and double the space on a hard drive is good for some people.

sound?

thanks, i appreicate it,

Hows the noise with a raptor, ive read its not that big of a deal, and ive also heard its sounds pretty loud?

BigLee said:
Im running a fast AMD clawhammer and a Gig of DDR2 400, Im debating on whether to buy 2 Serial ATA Hard drives and RAID 0 them or Buy a large Raptor. Has anyone done either one of these, which do u think would be faster. All I run is development software, a few high res games and XP Pro.

Thanks

Yeah the raptor would be faster, i would go with the 74gb but the 150gb one that you can see through is pretty **** sweet.

one more question, how are you running a clawhammer AMD core with a gig of DDR2(note the "2") 400 memory unless you mean DDR 400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom