Best AVI to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outsider1120

In Runtime
I have a AVI movie that I want to burn to a blank cd and play on my dvd player... whats the best free AVI to DVD converter to convert it.. i had one but it put a giant block in the middle of the screen :(

And thats all i will have to do right?

Convert AVI to DVD
Burn DVD file to blank cd
Put burned CD in dvd player

So i got do all this with my avi file

1) Load .AVI file into TMPGEnc
2) Set to "System Video and Audio" (lower right side)
3) Click on "Setting" radio button
4) Click on "System" tab, change mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD" (from default of "MPEG1")
5) Click on "Advanced" tab, change "Video arrange method" to "Center (Custom Size"), change dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240
6) Change "Source aspect ratio" to either "4:3 525 line (NTSC 704x480)", "4:3 525 line (NTSC)", or "16:9 525 line (NTSC)" - If you're in the PAL world choose either of the two similar PAL settings instead
7) Under the "Video" tab, change the dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240 (Note: "Video" tab mode of "MPEG1" is okay) - for highest quality set "Motion Search Precision" to "Highest Quality". Change the "Aspect Ratio" to match, as closely as possible, the "Source Aspect Ratio" you set under the "Advanced" tab.
8) Change "Rate Control Mode" to "Automatic VBR (CQ_VBR)
9) Under the "Audio" tab, set to 44,100 224Kbps
10) Press "Start"

And im buring it on a CD-R or CD-RW is that ok?

I have used Nero 7 to burn .avi to DVD that play in my DVD player. But i dont know if you can burn them to CD. I have burned all mine to DVD.

Ok well i figured it all out and got the settings right. I click start and after about 20 seconds it always goes not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom