Radeon 9700 not working? Strange problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am SHOCKED!

I took out my 512 ram and underclocked the graphics card and everything seemed to work... Although it was slow... Is it possible that my RAM slot wasnt working properly?

I find it hard to belive that crucial have let me down... when i bought my SATA HDD it would work only when nothing was in the dual slot (where i put my 512, i bought a new one becuase i thought it was the old 512 that was stopping the HDD from working, but it looks like it may be the slot that is causing all these problems?)

I should test the game again without changing the speed of the GPU...

its very unlikely that the ram "slot" is faulty , but it is possible the ram wasnt sitting well , anyway dont blame it all on crucial and its not a sure thing the ram itself is bad although it does seem to be the troublemaker , i mean that maybe your mobo dislike it or that the crucial and your other ram have diffrent timings so it was unstable and you should find the "optimal" timings for both to work good together

Strange... I brushed the ram slot with a paintbrush to clean it, then i swapped over the 256 and 512 ram... Everything seems to work!!!!?!

I'm happy, but i am bracing myself for that horrible restarting sound :D lol

Thanks for all the kind help! I hope that it is all fixed! the next step is to try the SATA drive...

Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom