Safe cpu and Case Temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trax

Banned
Ok im running a Athelon xp2200 +, on the A7V8X-X mobo

now, the case temp is 31C and the cpu is at 52C, what are some safe temps to go with...

I have one extra (no name) fan......and a socket A fan that came with my Proc ...

What else could i do to keep it cold on a low price...

I am thinking about updating my proc today to a Amd Athelon Xp 3000+... and adding 256 ddr 333mhz ram ...

but i want to add some coolling first, so what are some good options... Also the fans must be 3 prong

Is your system overclocked?
Also what kind of thermal paste did you use?
lastly have you thought about re-seating your heatsink?

no thermal paste that i have used and the system is not overclocked yet, i overclocked it to 2.2 ghz, but then said forget it becuse i know it would get to hot (normal clock speed 1.8ghz)

riht now i have the side of my computer off at a large fan blowing right into it, and some Cling wrap around that

it took my temps down to 35 for the Proc

and 26 for the case

Here is a picture of my current Cooling system that i took with my cell phone

lol very ghetto, i have one fan in the case, and on on the proc, and now one big one blowing into the side of the computer lol

PLEASE somone tell me somthing that could be as good as this

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 25
why are you stressing so much? those temps are very normal/avg for amd's... if you get over 60 on your chip, then you need to stress, system wise, mobo's can heat up a good amount, i've seen system's where people are letting the motherboard heat up to 38C, which is horid! not to mention, it scares me =/ but don't stress about it geewiz... other than that, yank out that ol' dremel and cut a hole in the top for a 92mm or even a 120mm fan, stick a tornado in there! also cut a hole if not two for 80mm fans on the side.. w00t

You could always just buy a better case and a new HSF. It would only run you ~$100 for both.

Because it looks to me as though that old case youve got doesnt exactly have optimal airflow. With a ambient temp of 31 you should be able to get a CPU temp of around 45 or so.

But Demalii has a point. Those temps arent horrible.

As previously stated, those temps aren't really anything to worry about but if you really think its too hot, do as shrapnill said.

Ya i just bought a 120 gb hard drive and 512 more ram (so it brings it up to 768)... installed it

right now im in the process of getting back all my old programs...

Also, my mobo is the AV78X-X like i said before, and it only seems to have one 3 pin slot for a fan, does anyone know how many slots there are ?... Cuz i want to buy a Tornado, and im going to order it from this site, also next time i get 110, iam getting a new case off this guy i know who owns this computer store, the case is AMAZING.....has space for 7 fans... just need to get em

there's 3 3-pin connectors, dunno what cho talkin bout hehe... look right above the agp slot, you'll find more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom