Ram Boost.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
Well, I'm gonna up my ram from 1gig to 2gigs. I currently have 2x512. So, should I go 2x1gig or just grab another couple 512s??

Thanks

*Edit*

I need suggestions for GREAT gaming ram. Thanks all. :)

2x1 gig is a better option. Sometimes motherboards downclock to PC 2700 speeds when you put the 2nd set of double sided ram in. You can sell your gig for like 50-60 bucks and put that towards the upgrade.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
2x1 gig is a better option. Sometimes motherboards downclock to PC 2700 speeds when you put the 2nd set of double sided ram in. You can sell your gig for like 50-60 bucks and put that towards the upgrade.

Ryan

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Any suggestions on some GREAT ram for gaming? I'm using Corsair XMS now. I've never had any other type of ram, so Im not sure what's what. LOL

Would I recommend a bad brand?

G.Skill and OCZ are both excellent brands, both known for their overclocking abilities.

Vybuni said:
Would I recommend a bad brand?

G.Skill and OCZ are both excellent brands, both known for their overclocking abilities.

:) Sorry, I didnt mean for it to sound like you were recommending a 'bad' brand. I'm a newb at this, so plz excuse me. :D

to me all ram is the same...... so just buy value ram.. i dont c much of a difference. Jus get some cheap ram and get a good motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom