Status
Not open for further replies.

craft_nemic

Baseband Member
My Laptop not booting..Error.

guys got a big big problem here when i openn my Laptop only i

can see is the SONY logo and after that only cursor in my monitor
is blinking...

guys any body have encountered this problem..

what should i do guys.. any one help me i try also to go to safe

mode but no success...

need ur reply urgently ..

My OS is XP home Edition..

ATHLON 13000 MHZ..

Sounds like your BIOS or Mainboard has some problems me thinks.

If there are any back panels on your laptop where you can do expansion stuff, open them up and see if there are any BIOS batteries where you might be able to clear the CMOS or something, I work with ASUS Notebooks and thats helped a few times in the past.

How much warranty do you have left on it? You could take it back and ask them for a repair or something.

Otherwise if its out, you can be a freak like me and fix your own Sony notebook lol. Mine had a faulty CPU fan

yes i have a restopre cd came with my loptop...

if i use the cd restore maybe my data will be lost...

any body if if i use the restore cd my data will lose or not..

peace

if you do use your recovery CD's they do and will wipe everything off your hard drive, no doubt about that.

isnt there something within the recovery cds that allow you just to repair the system files and will not affect your data?

Well... I work at the ASUS Notebook Service Centre and our recoveries wipe the whole hard drive, I've had a few Sony notebooks that do the same, so Im assuming majority of laptop recoveries will just wipe it all.

Have you installed a new stick of RAM or installed anything new lately?? Try taking out 1 stick of RAM (if you have more than 1) and swapping them around or try taking out your HDD and see how far it gets, sometimes if components fail they can cause faults in other hardware too

tns the reply guys .. it semms if i use the recver cd it will wipe all the data in HD.. i dont want to do that... i have lots of application there.. and cant find anywere .. cuase this inmstalled as a full version..

any other idea how to fix it.. wlast night i can get in the set up bios.. do i have to change something so that i cannot use the recovery cd.. any plss do help me...

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom