Poll: Would you rather build or buy...

Which processor should I get for gaming?

• AMD Opteron 170 ($399)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amd Athlon 64 X2 3800+ ($297)

• Something else in this price range

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a magazine out recently with a guide in it. If you read PC Powerplay over there, they had a guide in issue #116 I think. Maybe you can buy old copies direct from then? PC Gamer also had a guide, I think that was their December issue or something.

get someone to help you out thats what i did now and after that first time its been a breeze im sure someone where you live has built their own computer

Ever since grade 7, I realized there was no reason to have a PC unless it was built by myself. Always wondered why my HP was o crappy, spent like 400 bucks and built a computer 3x better than the HP I bought.

If you built your computer, and something goes wrong, you KNOW whats wrong. Don't let someone build it for you, how can you possibly know that they put any real effort in building the PC.
I can't find any free guides, You have to pay for them -.-", The free guides are outdated, the mobo changed, AGP - PCI etc.
http://techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=66789

Its kind of funny how the guide was in the same forum as this post isn't it?

AGP and PCI-E mobos are the same, its just that PCI-E slots are different size and you can also fit 2 cards in some PCI_E mobos.

So, the majority speaks for itself. Shucks, I had thought building pc's for people was a good idea..oh well.

As for the guy that can't find a computer building guide- just because the mobo or changes does not make it any different (or in many cases harder) to build. The idea and the process to build a pc remains the same. Changes like AGP to PCI....just stick our video card in the slot that fits. Ba da bang! lol. The first pc I built, I had no prior knowledge of builting one except knowing to touch metal before I get in there (but I think that was more common sense). For all newbies...I would recommend exploring the inside of your computer...

Geez...now I sound like an instruction guide :-D. I guess im done before fried n00bs start chasing me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom