Will a

Status
Not open for further replies.

no_Wedge

In Runtime
Will a dual core processor work in my DFI Lanparty SLI-DR ? also what is one of the best processors out or coming out? Intel or AMD?

It will work as long as the processor is s939.

The AMD X2's and Opteron's > Intel D's :D, even if intel was better you couldnt use their processor's in the amd mobo

on the question of the best cpu, are you going to overclock??

if not: X2, preferably 4400+ or better
if yes: Opty 165 or 170, depending on budget

actually, the x2's are overclocking just as well as the opty's.I can hit 2.8 on air with my 3800 and with water i shoulkd be able to go 3ghz, same as or better than what opty 165 and 170 are doing.

karpfish24 said:
actually, the x2's are overclocking just as well as the opty's.I can hit 2.8 on air with my 3800 and with water i shoulkd be able to go 3ghz, same as or better than what opty 165 and 170 are doing.

Lol well then you have the best one ever. No way an x2 will usually be as good as an opteron. With an x2 a really good oc is to 2.6 ghz.

All of the dual core Opteron's and 4400+ and above have 2 x 1mb cache compared to the 3800+/4200+ 2 x 512kb cache but that gives hardly any performance increase. People just recommend the Opty 165 over the 3800+ is that because it overclocks just as well with 2 x 1mb cache.

i have a 4400+ and the highest i can get it stable is 2.47ghz at 1.4 volts. I regret buying it. If you have the money go with the Opty 170. Fantastic Proccesor. Or go with the 165 if your budget is lower. Both quality proccesors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom