Is SLI worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
forgetting money as a factor and bias'ness sli in general, will i get better performance. on a single monitor that has a max resolution of 1280x1024. and the reason i suggested sli 7800gt's is because instead of buying a 7900gt for the same price i figured id get more performance out of an sli 7800gt rather than A 7900gt.

sli is extremely not worth the money it costs to implement!

many gpu cards are is powerful as two gpus in sli. i.e. an x1900 is as powerfull as 2 7800gtx's w/256mb each' in sli and not near the cost

I would never use SLI cause after a while you would have to upgrade any way... no matter how many you hook up together, the technology would change. So y spend so much on a sli setup???

I wouldn't get a new card period.

1.Does not support DX10
2.Does not support high definition DVD playback from Blu-Ray or HD-Dvd.

Why even build a computer right now? AM2 and Vista is right around the corner.

I think it really doesnt pay to wait on anything, cause theres always something new coming "around the corner"
True but arguable.....

most ppl will tell you SLI is not worth it. the performance gain from 2 video cards in gameplay is typically 25-30%...so unless you have money burning a hole in your wallet, hold off on SLI or Crossfire until ati or nvidia find a more efficient way to use 2 cards to create a 80+% performance increase compared to one card

ulater6000 said:
sli is extremely not worth the money it costs to implement!

many gpu cards are is powerful as two gpus in sli. i.e. an x1900 is as powerfull as 2 7800gtx's w/256mb each' in sli and not near the cost

Proof?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom