Compressed air

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
OK well my dads friend has a computer that is overheating well I was thinking about using my compressed air generator instead of canned air to get the dust out. Can I do that?

You could do it, but make sure that the pressure isn't too great, otherwise it might damage a part.

IMO you are wasting money on the can, I use a paintbrush (not nylon, cloth) and be careful with it. I haven't lost my motherboard yet and either has my friend who told me about using a brush and he hates dust in his PC, he cleans it every 2 weeks or so (and puts me to shame.)

I wouldnt advise using a house vacum cleaner, they can generate static electricity that damage your components. Although it is unlikely this will happen it is still extremely possible. So go ahead if you want, but personaly Im not willing to risk ruining big $ of components.

Note: They make speacial vacum cleaners for pc's that dont generate as much static. but u guys proably already know that.

;p

honestly i think canned is still the best for its practicalliy i say that because its not bad, the pressure is perfect it small gets inbetween somethings a air compressor cant when you turn the pressure down, its only like 5-7$ usd last long enough to make 2-3 good cleans and about 20 touchupslooks good too to have it on your desk to show you care, and you dont have to lug your case out of your room or whereever and just vacuum the dust off your carpet later. theyre decent little nifty tools IMO

We clean our PC's regualy because we have windows in our case so when someone comes in the first thing they will say is your PC is well dusty. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom