Will I need a new cd-key if I change my mobo, cpu, vid card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No because it is a different serial number for your hardware and two different hardware serials sent with the same Windows Serial key will be reported as a pirated key to Microsoft.

you cuss them out on the phone about your mobo dying and they will give you a new install id

I know people that pass out their XP cd to everyone they meet and people uses the same CD with the same key and diffrent systems no problem. I have personally witnessed people install the same windows CD on several systems. You should have no problem if you reload . Trying to stick the new mobo in there and boot up is another issue altogether

ElBurro said:
I know people that pass out their XP cd to everyone they meet and people uses the same CD with the same key and diffrent systems no problem. I have personally witnessed people install the same windows CD on several systems. You should have no problem if you reload . Trying to stick the new mobo in there and boot up is another issue altogether

while that work last year, it don't neccessarily work like that now. you need to tell the right lie now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom