Samsung 940B vs. Viewsonic VX924

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey justin, im also using Canada Computers, and i also live in toronto, and i also have the um syncmaster 940b as one of my choices. i think its a good monitor, but im a n00b.

lol if your not on a budget you can get it, im kinda on a low budget so i think the Acer will do me good

im on a budget, im not updating or anything. im getting my very FIRST system, the one i have now are my parents and its P3, its like 100FSB, lol.

Im trying to stay under $3000 (tax incl.)

ACER is an EXCELLENT brand. I have a the Acer AL1714 sitting right beside my ViewSonic. If you're not a Hardcore gamer, then go with the Acer, definately. NO dead pixels, response time that feels faster than 8ms, excellent image clarity.

3000!!!!!! u can make the ULTIMATE system, im glad that you didn't look into Alienware like most people do if they had 3000$ cuz they think its the "best".

but yea with 3000 man.. serisouly i wouldnt spend all that on a computer lol. im trying to stay under 1200$ with mine, u should spend ike 1500$ and use the rest of the money in the future, for your car or use it when your going out with your friends. computer is not worth it, no matter how much you spend you will be out of date a month later, new stuff come and go.

um guys thats 3K CDN, not american dollars. And if i can build a kickass computer with that much ( with tax included) can u guys help me pick components, or suggets a kickass build with that money? cause this is wat i have so far, and im not sure if its as kickass as you say it can be...

• Enermax 535 watt atx dual 80mm fan sli ready sata ready*
• Asus a8n sli premium*
• Amd athlon 64 x2 3800+*
• OCZ DDR400 Value Series 2GB Dual channel*
• Samsung Syncmaster 740N*
• Acer AL1716B*
• Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5000 Laser*
• TT Silver Kandalf*
• BenQ DQ90*
• BFG GeForce 7800/7900? GT OC 256MB*
• Creative Labs sound blaster Audigy 2 ZS*
• Altec Lansing 2.1*
• ATI TV Wonder Elite Theatre*
• Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA 160GB*

Questions:
1- am i missing any parts
2- whats the kickass computer that i can build with 3k, is it better than this one?

1. DVD player
2. AMD opteron 165
SeaGate Barracuda 250gb
Dell 2005fpw
MX518/G5
Fortron Source Group 500 watt psu

can u give me links to the dell 2005fpw, forton source group 500w?
how much does all that total?
and how is that any better than the build im getting now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom