Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestinformant

Solid State Member
So I've got some problems with freezing, usually when playing video games for about 10 - 30 minutes, even basic video games (Bookworm Deluxe, The Incredible Machine, Runescape). Anyhow, it ran these gaves fine before until recently. I had the same problem in the summer and it turned out to be overheating. I fixed it, now it's come back and it's during the winter. Here are some specs.

800 megahertz Intel Pentium III
40 GB
240mb ram
Aladdin TNT2 Videocard
(I'll post more information if needed)

I checked the CPU temperature after the computer froze and the CPU temperature was 90 degrees which seems like a lot. Is there overheating? Also another question (since I'm not too computer wise), I have 240mb of ram but the most free memory I'll have is 110mb, what's with that?

Let me clarify my problem after playing these video games for about 10 - 30 minutes they will freeze where I will have to reset.

Was it 90 degrees celsius or farenhite? If it was 90C its overheating. If its 90F its not.

No idea, how can I know if they're working right or if they're working wrong? Looking at info on SpeedFan my fan has a speed between 4700 - 4800 RPM.

Restart your computer and look in bios for your current system temp and cpu temp. And what is your cpu fan rpm in bios? Then post what they are after you check.

In BIOS, my system temp was around 50 degrees, 55 degrees at max. The cpu temp was around 70 - 75 degrees. The fan value was the same of pretty much 4800 rpm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom