Trouble with 7900GTX SLI support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drfeelgood

Beta member
Ok, This is my first Thread on this page so maybe you guys can help me. I have two Geforce 7900GTX Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Cards, but I cannot seem to find a MOBO big enough to SLI them. Maybe you guys can help me. This is my first 'big time' build and I really don't wanna mess up.

Thanks

any SLI mobo whould work fine, wut mobo specifically are you talking about??

and wut makes you think that the cards will not fit???

I was looking at a ABIT AN8 32X Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 ATX AMD MOBO. I was skimming the picks and reading up on how the cards take up two slots. I totally looks like it won't fit. The instructions for the cards also read to have a vacant neigbor slot. As the card takes up two slots. Maybe it just confused me.

it should fit, just maybe tight, however as a suggestion, for those high-end cards, get an equally high end motherboard like the SLI-DR from DFI. also consider MSI for a motherboard and if you have an intel, go Asus

I am an AMD guy. So can you suggest any MOBO's for a socket 939. I am running with a AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 1GHz HT 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor that I intend to keep with the swap.

Wow, that is nice. A bit ugly though. Whatever, as long as it holds my Video Cards I am the happiest gamer ever!

Thanks a bunch!

just a quick comparison of the DFI to this...Asus A8N SLi Premium. Is there much difference? im not an EXTREME gamer, just a gamer. If im not gonna use the computer to the max is it worth for me to get the DFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom