7900 GT, Anyone have it yet.. if so, how great is it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahah... sorry, i didnt see someone posted after me earlier... and the 7800 gtx if 450.. while the 7900 gt is only 300 ....so more than a 90 dollar difference

waytoosmall said:
Wow, you went 2 7900gtx? I went 2 7900 gt's for my A8N-SLI deluxe (which still runs better in benches than the 32) because the G8's will be out soon. 600 vs 800+ was a no brainer to me. Then when the G8's come out over the summer I'll sell these puppies on e-bay and probably get 300 for them to help pay for the new card. Also, on a side note, I just replaced my corsair xms 1gb with the ocz titanium 2gb and wow, what a difference 2gig makes. I haven't overclocked anything yet because I am waiting till I have the gt's in and are stable but I did get a Zalman 9500 for my cpu so I'm ready to push the system. I'll start to post some performance results by probably wed. And I can't wait to see this on my new 27" lcd...

wow, a 27" LCD :eek: , wuts the resolution on that?? assuming its something like 2048 by 1536, games like F.E.A.R. are gonna eat your machine alive EVEN with TWO 7900s. thats not a smart buy imo

and on buying two 7900 gts until the G80 line releases, why would you do that?? waste of $600-$700, spend much less than half on that on a 6800gs to hold out, and you have much more money when the G80s comes out

Ppl like me would still buy a PCI-E 7800. Why you ask? Because the 7900s will still be more exsensive than the 7800s and i usualy go for something not quite so exspensive.

P.P. Mguire said:
Ppl like me would still buy a PCI-E 7800. Why you ask? Because the 7900s will still be more exsensive than the 7800s and i usualy go for something not quite so exspensive.

wut?? the 7900gt is much cheaper than the 7800gtx and only slightly more expensive than the 7800gt, while beating out the 7800gtx in performance

ur argument doesnt make sense:p

P.P. Mguire said:

You already posted that exact same thing, and I replied with this;

Green Radience said:
People like you aren't too smart then since the 7900GT is $34 more than the 7800GT, and $114 cheaper than the 7800GTX.

if i upgraded now i think i would go with an x1900xt, but ull most def. be happy with ur 7900's in sli! shweeeet! My ultra-d died today and since im too impatient to wait for it to RMA i ordered an sli-dr to replace it and because i dont mind having an sli board. Then when i get back the ultra-d ill sell that puppy and im set to buy a 2nd 37 raptor for raid 0 boi!

karpfish24 said:
if i upgraded now i think i would go with an x1900xt, but ull most def. be happy with ur 7900's in sli! shweeeet! My ultra-d died today and since im too impatient to wait for it to RMA i ordered an sli-dr to replace it and because i dont mind having an sli board. Then when i get back the ultra-d ill sell that puppy and im set to buy a 2nd 37 raptor for raid 0 boi!

just cuz its an SLI board doesnt mean its not a good mobo, i luv my SLI-DR, great for overclocking and pretty stable

I'll have to run the resolution lower, I know that, but it will still kill my crt and look sweet. I figured the 2 gt's will be able to handle 1024*768 and look bad ***....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom