Conroe Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
I'm down for a wager, but not the avatar. I will not replace my avatar ever :)

How about putting a signature up for a month? the full size 468x120 that says something along the lines of "INTEL OWNS ME"

However, I'm not argueing against who will win, because no doubt conroe will be good. I just think those benchmarks are skewed too far in Intels favor.

Soooo really, I'd probably just be shooting myself in the foot lol.

My main point is I simply don't think the conroe will be showing a big of a difference as they are making it out to be.
OK, you're on!!!!! :D

Looks like I better get working on your new sig! :p

Hey, I am not saying Conroe will win by 20%, I just think it will win ;)

So, do we want to refine the rules? I.E. the source we will use, benchmark, etc? :D

Well how about this, I don't disagree it'll win, I think the difference won't be 20%.

So how about we wager on the percentage that it'll beat AMD by?

As far as rules, I don't know. I don't want to use toms hardware guide, that's for sure, I've never liked that place.

I'll ask my friend for some other review websites. He knows a lot of good ones that are generally unbiased.

again, what about the drivers Intel made, which they installed on both the conroe and AMD system?

anyway...
I don't think conroe is a bad chip. If it does win when released, I still won't support it though, because I don't like Intel.

Nubius said:
Well how about this, I don't disagree it'll win, I think the difference won't be 20%.

So how about we wager on the percentage that it'll beat AMD by?

As far as rules, I don't know. I don't want to use toms hardware guide, that's for sure, I've never liked that place.

I'll ask my friend for some other review websites. He knows a lot of good ones that are generally unbiased.
Hmmm, IDK, that could get complicated. Maybe I could spot you 5% :p

Maybe use 2-3 sources and average results?

so how hard will it be to get one of these conroe deals in june/july? Obivously all new mobos..*ugggg* and maybe new ram?

Will they sell something for around 300 that will beat an AMD 2.7GHz?

BennyV04988 said:
so how hard will it be to get one of these conroe deals in june/july? Obivously all new mobos..*ugggg* and maybe new ram?

Will they sell something for around 300 that will beat an AMD 2.7GHz?
Tough to say what availability will be like. I would say July would be the earliest unless Intel surprises us and they release them early.

Here are the versions with prices of the chips that are supposed to be available at launch:

Conroe E6700 2.67GHz / 1066MHz 4MB Q3'06 $530
Conroe E6600 2.40GHz / 1066MHz 4MB Q3'06 $316
Conroe E6400 2.13GHz / 1066MHz 2MB Q3'06 $241
Conroe E6300 1.86GHz / 1066MHz 2MB Q3'06 $209

The E6600 is about $300 and has the 4mb cache. That should be a fantastic chip for the money. My guess is it will perform about on par to an FX-60 of today. Hopefully they OC well also ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom