7600GT, 7900GT, 7900GTX Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Radience said:
Yea, seriously. Xbit Labs said some time ago and Nvidia fans made more of a fuss when ATi cards came on top, and that ATi fans took it lying down, but I think its exactly the opposite. When an ATi card dominates, Nvidia fans are the ones who accept it and take it lying down, just look at the X1900XT/X, no one doubted that.

FanATIcs, though, can never believe that their beloved ATi got beaten. They have that brief moment of dominance that they don't want to give up, for some reason. They're the ones that make the whole fuss about it and start saying stuff like the benchmarks are fake, or set up or some crap like that.

These are multi-million-user websites people, they don't set up benchmarks.

Exactly what I wanted to say. I'll admit that I tend to like Nvidia better then ATI because I just feel that there products are safer (although I have an ATI in my comp right now and it works perfectly). But when the x1900xtx came out I said sweet a new best video cards. Every other Nvidia fan also said the same thing and many of them even got an ATI card. But now when Nvidia releases something better everyone decides that the benchmarks from every site are fake and that ATI is still the best.

So seriously, untill one of you ATI fanboys give me some benchmarks that show ATI is better shut up. It doesnt matter that ATI is better at like fricken 2500x2000 or w/e. Who the **** plays on those settings? All of the well respected sites show Nvidia as being better. All of these sites have very accurate tests and they are trusted by many people which is why they are so popular. I'm sorry but i trust 3dgurus or Anandtechs benchmarks better then your friend across the street who got better results with ATI. So please accept it just like every Nvidia fan did when ATI was best.

I think there are to many biased fanboys. If you know a product is cheaper and runs better, just be a man and accept the fact. No point in denying it if the facts are there in black and white.

Brtnboarder495 said:
I think there are to many biased fanboys. If you know a product is cheaper and runs better, just be a man and accept the fact. No point in denying it if the facts are there in black and white.

While I agree with most of that, Cheaper and Better are two totally different things. For those going for Performance, price isn't a factor. For those on a limited budget, performance isn't as much of a factor.

But 2/3 benchmarks show the 7900GTX beating the X1900XTX (same prices on both), and 1/3 shows them tied. Simple logic shows that the 7900GTX is doing better.

I'm thinking about getting the 7900GTX at the moment. But if the X1900XT drops to around 400 dollars I think I'll take that then a 530 dollar 7900GTX. Since the 7900GTX overclocks so well this makes it a tough choice.

Since your saying the 7900GTX is up to 10% more powerful in some cases I will say that the 7900GTX gets 99fps and the X1900XT/X gets 90fps.

If the X1900XT does drop to around 400 dollars that means that if I take the frames (90) and divide by 400 (cost of card) then I get .225 fps per dollar.

Now If I take a 530 dollar 7900GTX then I would take 99 (frames) and divide by 530 (cost of card) I would get .1867 (rounded) fps per dollar.

But what if the X1900XT drops to around 420 dollars, using the same formula I would get .2143 fps (rounded)

Now lets say the 7900GTX (evga) drops to 500 dollars, once again using the formula I would get .198 fps per dollar.

X1900XT/X = .2143 fps/dollar when cost is 420
7900 GTX = .198 fps/dollar when cost is 500

This is considering that the 7900GTX is 10% faster doing the same thing. Now this will change depending on the game, but since around 10% is the peak increase of the 7900GTX I used that.

Personally I would like to save 80-100 dollars and get the X1900XT which performs just under or the same and sometimes above the 7900GTX. But that doesn't mean that I am removing the 7900GTX as an option. These prices are from Newegg.

Now if we used current prices (530 evga 7900GTX and 450/460 dollar Sapphire 1900XT) the it would be:

7900GTX = .1868 fps per dollar
X1900XT = .2 ($450) or .1957

But these prices should drop even more since ATI announced a price cut.

But 2/3 benchmarks show the 7900GTX beating the X1900XTX (same prices on both), and 1/3 shows them tied. Simple logic shows that the 7900GTX is doing better.

Yea, fair enough, I'd agree the 7900GTX beats the X1900XTX more than vice versa, but since the XT can OC to and beyond the XTX, for $450, and the cheapest 7900GTX is $520. For about 5FPS or so, $70 is not worth it IMO. I mean sure, if your rich and you don't care about getting the most out of your buck, the 7900GTX is a great choice. But for the majority of people, who want to compete with the higher cards, for $70 less, the X1900XT is such a great valued card.

I'm not going to bash the X1900XT, since I bought one, but I'd just like to point out that the X1900XT isn't the only one that overclocks so well. The 7900GTX overclocks just as well, if not better.

I have seen people say that the x1900xtx will beat the 7900 series for image quality in shader heavy games, but the benches showed the 7900 beating the x1900xtx in Fear with everything enabled, except in 1600*1200. I returned my x1900xtx and ordered 2 7900gt's for my sli rig. That set up beats the x1900xtx in most benches, and even beats 2 of them in Xfire in some benches. That is at stock speeds, and with buggy drivers according to nvidia. So I would bet that rig will best the x1900xtx in Oblivion. They probably created Oblivion to run better on Nvidia cards seeing as how they used them for testing. And as for ATI cards running HDR and AA at the same time, go to
http://www.oblivionportal.com/
and read what the programmer sais. There is a huge thread on this topic. To sum it up, no card on the market can run both at the same time, and Oblivion will not allow you to do so. I would have kept my x1900xtx if that would have been the case seeing as how Oblivion is probably the main thing I'll play until the G8 series hits and we all upgrade again. But he cleary states that HDR and AA will not run at the same time in the game. Any thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom