All video is choppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenbubble

Baseband Member
Ok well I have a computer, doesn't really matter what specs are because this problem only started recently.

BTW Athlon 1.2G
256MB
40GB
ATi radeon 128

so anyway recently when I try to view movies or play games or even as i'm typing, it's sort of lagging, or it is choppy. By choppy I mean choppy my movies are playing with only several frames shown, when I play games like Counter-strike my frames per second drop to like 5 and I'm frozen. DOn't know what the problem is but it is annoyitng me.

I have tried several things to fix it, like install new video card drivers, yes the correct way
Tweak Video Card settings and other things such as scan for virus/trojan/spyware but none was found. I have done other things so please ask what else I could do that I may already have done anyway.

I'm gonna try defraging now but any suggestions please would help !!! GRRRrrrrr

ok i downloaded and instlaled but I can't find mainboard information.....

Can it be because of bad Memory?

just scroll down a bit
screenshot0018uc.png

and no it cant be the ram as you had no bsods/random restarts/file currptions

Well a few random restarts here and there while playing some games but not often

Attachments

• sandra2.bmp
    50.8 KB · Views: 34
your psu voltages are stable , however your cpu temperature is very high (not critically high but still) i suggest youll get better cooling and also it may be the cause of the random restarts you expirence every once in a while , but i doubt the cpu temperature is what causing these slowdowns. have you scanned in the sites i suggested above? if not then do so

yea i tried what you said :(

I cleaned out some stuff with the scan but still it's not working...

In game its still dropping and when i exited now from it when i type is lagging as well....It's not too bad right now but a second ago it was....

goto start-->run-->sysdm.cpl get into hardware-->device manager and expand "ide ata/atapi controllers" double click each ide channel (one at a time) and take screenshots of the "advanced settings" tab , also run nero infotool (if you dont use nero then get it standalone ftp://ftp6.nero.com/InfoTool.zip) and take screenshot of the "configuration" tab

Yea ok I did what you said here are the pictures. The last one "via bus master ide controller", didn't have advanced settings so I omitted that.

Btw Jeremy thanks alot for the help, most people would just give up and say I don't know what the problem is, buy a new computer or replace ur memory, or video card.....You seem pretty computer smart :)......So thanks for your help hopefully we can fix this !!!!!:(

Attachments

• ide1.gif
    73.6 KB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom