windows security alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRreed

In Runtime
i got rid of norton cause it was causing my cpu to run at high rate when i wasnt using it.
anyway when i dumped norton the security shield came up saying i didnt have any av, i installed new av, still saying none installed.
i checked the option saying that i had av, and that windows would not send alerts.
why did windows recognize norton and not avast, or another program i tried?
im guess that my av is working fine, but was hoping someone could clear that up.

I just turn the Windows Security off for my AV. I know i have one installed. I dont need windows to tell me if i do or not. Windows really only detects about 3 or 4 AV apps. Basically it is set up for their OneCare app. They want you to use that and nothing else.

So it wont hurt you if you turn off that part of the security center. I have turned that and the firewall alert off. Basically the only thing i have left on is the Auto updates.

I doubt they will force people to use OneCare but it could be an annoyance in future OS versions.

Thats funny. According to M$ OneCare is the only AV/Firewall app that will install on Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom