Pc3200, Pc4000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Well, things may be looking up, and I may be on the path to soon being able to build a decent rig. But i want to ask for a general consensus.

I will be building AMD (of course), so I'll be using DDR. No, if this comes through, I'm not waiting ubtil AM2 comes out. But I was wondering whether to get PC3200 or PC4000 RAM.

I will probably OC some time in the future, so I figure the PC4000 would give me some headroom as far as RAM is concerned. But PC3200 would OC to the same speeds and all.

Anyway... thoughts?

considering that you will be overclocking, PC4000 seems like the better option.
although a lot of the time you can get PC3200 RAM past PC4000 speeds. but usually you are paying more for RAM that overclocks well anyway.

how much are you aiming for? 1 or 2GB?

oh i'm loving the pc4000.... i dunno what my divider is, but its more than 1:1 my ram is at ddr520 right now, and my rigs running 2.6 ghz easy... get pc 4000 great overclocker!

This does DDR560.

On the other hand, DDR500 (PC4000) cannot be overclocked much past 250MHz. 260MHz is what PC4000 can usually overclock to.

Although, if you're not overclocking TOO MUCH, then this is my personal favorite.

how much are you aiming for? 1 or 2GB?

Two sticks of 1GB. Probably Patriot.

Sorta leaning toward the PC4000. Unless the money runs out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom