Woot 7900gt cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
PNY and BFG's suck. Look at their stock clocks. Evga and XFX are the same except XFX has that extra 20MHz.

$299 for those cards is an excellent price. Man, I wish I didn't have to save for school here in july. I soooo want an opteron and when a card is that price it makes me want to buy it even though there really is no point.

What I find hilarious is, EVERY single generation of new cards, people ALWAYS say "just wait until next generation, it'll be better".......if everyone listened to that advice we'd still be using Geforce MX series cards.

This time it actually holds a little more though.

Kazama said:
Big problems, the XFX is cheap but is bad quailty. The GF 8 is what you want. The 7900 will fall down soon in 2-3 months because of the release of DX10

hrmm xfx bad.. well i'll tell you just how "bad" it is when my 7900 gt comes in...

lets not forget its clock speed of 520/1500.... i'll tell you what they're like overclocked too... maybe i'll get over 9000 in 3dmark05 on a single card :D

i highly doubt the g80 will be out june.... but i say get a fairly cheap graphics card, that could hold you off until it IS out

ThirdLeft152 said:
newegg's the best. i wish i had $300 laying around.

ya me too.. i'm stuck with no lunch money for work now... well i have 130 left, but i'm giving my parents 100.... so ya.. sucks... compaq selling, hopefully i'll buy a 2nd 7900.... and the 6800 being sold hopefully soon too for 120 w/ shipping people! someone buy it dammit!

Nubius said:
What I find hilarious is, EVERY single generation of new cards, people ALWAYS say "just wait until next generation, it'll be better".......if everyone listened to that advice we'd still be using Geforce MX series cards.

Exactly. Everyone just buy 7900s now, and sell em when G80 comes out.

Or you'll be sitting on your sofa at home thinking of what could've been. :p

lets not forget its clock speed of 520/1500
yeah, but that really doesn't mean anything. It's only 20MHz over the eVGA one and eVGA uses better components, IE the capacitors and such, so I'd sooner trust them and chances are get a better overclock.

However, when the XFX's actually work they tend to OC decent enough.

I'm really starting to hate microsoft. You need vista to play dx10 and vista will probaly suck all the memory out of your cpu. you'll need like 4gb of RAM now which means worse OCing ;(

This is depressing me. It over £100 more expensive in the UK than the US. If you brought a 7900gt in the UK it would cost you $480! :'(

Atleast we earn more so I can take a trip over there and get my PC from Newegg.

ha, i'm eligible for the eVGA trade in thing :D i got my rig in....november? anyway, what could i get with my GTX, antother GTX or a card in the same price range...

Nubius said:
yeah, but that really doesn't mean anything. It's only 20MHz over the eVGA one and eVGA uses better components, IE the capacitors and such, so I'd sooner trust them and chances are get a better overclock.

However, when the XFX's actually work they tend to OC decent enough.

well.. on a side note... i'm still gonna be pwning games..... so HA.... 7800 gtx can suck my @$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom