Virus/Hack/Something Infected On My Dad's Work Laptop HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameTaken

In Runtime
Alright so there's this kid I paintball with and this kid that asked me to help him get started in paintball. So I'm talking to the paintball newb helping him find a good eBay auction to bid on when the kid I paintball with IM's me. His message is myspace.com/hottiewithabody or something and i was thinking what is this crap? so I go to check the URL and it opens! i didnt want to open it! So I think what the ****. ITS SOME GNAA WORM THING AND WHEN I REBOOTED IT OPENED THE EMAIL THING TO TRY AND EMAIL IT TO EVERYONE IN MY DADS ADDRESS BOOK. PLEASE HELP ME I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

I don't think I have any anti virus software. Can anybody reccomend some good free anti virus? I am getting Ad Aware and Spybot right now.

If you Google "GNAA Firefox" there will be a blog and it says that it exploits something in the Firefox pop up blocker... which means once you close it you just have to get the virus out right? But I have an extension for Firefox that saves all the tabs when you close it. When you open it, it brings you to where you were before you closed it. Which means the GNAA is still up there. It won't let you close tab. So what should I do? I don't want to open Firefox. Should I reinstall it?

I went into Program Files and deleted AIM because that's how it was transmitted. I'm going to re-install that in a bit.

Should I go into safe mode and do anything? I'm really confused here.

And again, is there anything I can do to get this little punk back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom