32nm barrier crossed into 29.9nm process size

Status
Not open for further replies.
FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
I wonder how long till we'll be seeing these types of things actually in use.

Ryan

Not too long. After that they're gonna have to use cells or something.

perhaps he means atoms.....that's what I've heard of them possibly using in the future. I can just see it now, overclocking my new atom based CPU......and then BAM! Too much voltage, OC'd too high and one of the atoms splits.......nuclear fall out for the city :p

Or actually using things like brain cells and neurons, which are infact bigger than 30nm, but just because they are bigger doesn't mean that they aren't possibly more efficient so the size isn't so much of a variable anymore.

I looked into nuero-structure. It's pretty fast, but not nearly as fast as what we have.

Quantum computing is what's going to be nuts if they ever figure it out.

Ryan

quantum computing.........now that one you're gonna overclock your computer and this temporal distortion in timespace is going to occur and destroy the universe :D

anyone ever looked up quantum cryptography. that stuff will give you a sore head thinking about. interesting though. i think this is where quantum computing is most likely to be applied because of price constraints and the fact i don't think the kind of power quantum computing will provide will ever be required (or given to) anyone but government agencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom