7900 GT, Anyone have it yet.. if so, how great is it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone buying the 7900's? A week ago everyone was hanging on the balls of ATI and the x1900xt/x series...

Now all of a sudden it's 7900's all around...

HAVOC2k5 said:
Why is everyone buying the 7900's? A week ago everyone was hanging on the balls of ATI and the x1900xt/x series...

Now all of a sudden it's 7900's all around...

In my defense, I didnt even know that the 7900s were coming out until I saw the post about them here. LOL

As for ATI.............I NEVER go that route.

I think it's the price.

I bought a 6800GS. It'll play all of my DX9 games until I get a ballsy enough computer to run Vista and DX10 in all of its glory.

Ryan

Well, the 7900GT is Vista capable which is a plus, but no doubt people will need to upgrade anyway to get DX 10 capable cards. Too bad I'm not patient enough to wait for the new cards. :)

but people have had problem with eVGa cards too.
theres problems with EVERY cards, that's not the issue. The issue is the frequency of said problems, and it seems to be quite frequent with XFX. Perhaps they'll do better with these line of cards.

Chaintech also sucks balls, so never go with them

As far as vista and DX10 is concerned...........bah, I so don't want to go to vista. Freakin microsoft just making each operating system feel more and more like a dammed prison

Nubius said:
theres problems with EVERY cards, that's not the issue. The issue is the frequency of said problems, and it seems to be quite frequent with XFX. Perhaps they'll do better with these line of cards.

Chaintech also sucks balls, so never go with them

As far as vista and DX10 is concerned...........bah, I so don't want to go to vista. Freakin microsoft just making each operating system feel more and more like a dammed prison

I know there's a problem with every card, that's what I was trying to get across with some people. I don't really care if my XFX card has a problem, just as long as it's covered under warranty, and just as long as it doesn't happen more than once or twice.

I'm lookin forward to a new OS, even though I don't think we need a new one. The only problem I have with Microsoft's OS is that when you click 'End Process', it normally doesnt end process unless you click it about 20 times, then click end program 20 times again on the little boxes that pop up.

that's why you gotta open the task manager, and go to the actual process and kill it. That works every single time. It's the window that pops up and says "Its not responding" that yeah, you gotta click every time.

But have you read into vista? Theres going to be so much ridiculous 'security' measures and crap in that.

That's what I'm saying, I swear it's more like a prison OS than anything else.

i'll finally be playing fear at higher fps than 51 average.. oh is life going to be good...
Oh wow like 51fps is REALLY killing you:rolleyes:
Well, the 7900GT is Vista capable which is a plus, but no doubt people will need to upgrade anyway to get DX 10 capable cards. Too bad I'm not patient enough to wait for the new cards.
Every card is Vista compatible:confused:
Thank you!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom