Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because maroon with the new activation you might not be able to keep it for long. This way at least you have something to fall back on. ;)

But who knows they might actually get the workaround for the activation working again sometime.

Microsoft revealed today that it will not support EFI booting for Windows Vista on its launch.

The news will be a shock for owners of Intel Macs who had hoped they would be able to dual-boot between Windows Vista and OS X. Intel Macs only support booting via EFI.

Speaking at Intel Developer Forum San Francisco, Microsoft development manager, Andrew Ritz, also revealed that there will never be any support for booting Windows via EFI on systems with 32-bit processors.

Although Microsoft has previously said EFI booting would be supported by Vista, Ritz admitted that EFI support won't be seen in any version of Windows until the release of Longhorn Server.

I hope MS fixes their new windows media player 11 because without glass on it looks absolutly horrible.

Dont worry mikee. It doesnt look that much better with glass. The only thing the glass effects are the windows borders. The rest looks exactly the same.

I think they should have made a more attractive basic theme for those people who's video cards don't support the glass.

I have to agree with you. But the glass doesnt fully go thru the whole window. I have seen versions that are "hacked" to make it look like glass but that isnt how they are by default. But i do think this is a bit better looking than WMP10. It isnt all that great but it is better than the old look.

Microsoft confirmed reports that at least the initial Intel Macs from Apple would not support Windows Vista, telling BetaNews Friday that its next generation operating system would not support the EFI boot process being used by the new systems.

Apple decided to use Intel's new Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) over the older Basic Input Output System (BIOS). As previously reported by BetaNews, Windows XP cannot run on the Macs due to its lack of EFI support, however Windows Vista was expected to change that.

While Vista would support EFI, Microsoft has only decided to do so for 64-bit CPUs. The Intel processors being used with the first-generation Intel Macs have all been 32-bit.

The decision by the Redmond company is also a blow to Intel, which has been attempting to push EFI as a more flexible and modern successor to BIOS. Being that it is a major change, adoption has been slow in the market, and now with shaky Microsoft support widespread use of EFI could be delayed further.

Microsoft Building New Free Mail Client

Internet Explorer isn't the only application to enjoy a resurgence in Windows Vista, Microsoft is readying a new desktop e-mail client that will be integrated into Windows Live and eventually replace Outlook Express.

Dubbed Windows Live Mail Desktop, the product is currently in beta testing.

As IE development stagnated following the release of Windows XP, Outlook Express -- Microsoft's free e-mail client suffered a similar fate.

The OE team returned to update the product for Vista under the name Windows Mail, and is now expanding that work with a completely

Re: Microsoft Building New Free Mail Client

Warez Monster said:
Internet Explorer isn't the only application to enjoy a resurgence in Windows Vista, Microsoft is readying a new desktop e-mail client that will be integrated into Windows Live and eventually replace Outlook Express.

Dubbed Windows Live Mail Desktop, the product is currently in beta testing.

As IE development stagnated following the release of Windows XP, Outlook Express -- Microsoft's free e-mail client suffered a similar fate.

The OE team returned to update the product for Vista under the name Windows Mail, and is now expanding that work with a completely

isnt that just windows mail now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom