Conroe Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If, when Conroe is released, it beats AMD, then you have to replace your avatar with "Intel Inside" or something like that.

for the love of god are you people not realising that you can't fairly compare newer/future technology to current technology. OF COURSE IT WILL WIN!!!!!! give AMD a chance to make a counterpart to Intel's newer processors and we will see how things go

You guys are saying not to judge Conroe by what we have right now, but we know NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING AT ALL about AMD's new processors in Mid-2007. If you want to stop the Conroe-assumptions, then stop the "Oh yea, AMD will beat Intel with the new processors" assumptions. If you're going to assume on AMD, then let others assume on Conroe.

Frankly, there's much more information on Conroe.

nitestick said:
for the love of god are you people not realising that you can't fairly compare newer/future technology to current technology. OF COURSE IT WILL WIN!!!!!! give AMD a chance to make a counterpart to Intel's newer processors and we will see how things go
What the **** are you talking about? I am saying Conroe against what ever AMD has out at the time, which should be the FX-62 on AM2. That IS comparable technology, not new verses old :rolleyes:

AMD has probably got something up their sleve. Intel probably put like a PowMax450 power supply or something like that on AMD's system. It's kind of hard to compare today's technology to tomorrow's fairly.

well according to anand who got to try both systems out and see if everything was fair, it was completely fair except for the chipset because it didnt know what the conroe was. So no they did not use a PowMax but nice try. PLUS that conroe chip is going to be released as a midrange and it still beat it. So I'm going with intel on this SO FAR but we'll obviously see soon.

If, when Conroe is released, it beats AMD, then you have to replace your avatar with "Intel Inside" or something like that.

If, AMD ends up beating Conroe, I will replace mine with A64, or AM2 or something.

Let's say, whoever looses needs to keep that avatar up for, lets say a month.

If you accept this offer, specific pictures for the avatars can be determined.

So what do you think? You aren't yella are you?
I'm down for a wager, but not the avatar. I will not replace my avatar ever :)

How about putting a signature up for a month? the full size 468x120 that says something along the lines of "INTEL OWNS ME"

However, I'm not argueing against who will win, because no doubt conroe will be good. I just think those benchmarks are skewed too far in Intels favor.

Soooo really, I'd probably just be shooting myself in the foot lol.

My main point is I simply don't think the conroe will be showing a big of a difference as they are making it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom