PC Gaming trouble!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamjon858

Baseband Member
Okay. I recently built a PC and today I started to install some games that demand a good graphics card (HL2, Fable, etc.) All of the games work for about 5-6 minutes. And then my CRT monitor either shuts off or it flashes violently until I close the game. When it shuts off I usually can't get it working again without restarting the PC. I've decided that the problem does not lie with the monitor as I have tested 3 different CRT monitors and they all have the same problem.

I've tried:
-Updating the Drivers
-Running MemTest
-Reinstalling the games

I don't think the problem lies with the PSU since I don't have any problems with any other power hungry tasks (such as rendering movies..3D modeling...etc).

My System:
-200GB Seagate ATA
-512MB PC4000 HyperX
-Powmax 400w Power Supply
-Chaintech VPN4
-Athlon 64 3200+
-Connect3D Radeon X700 Pro 256MB

Please Help!

could be video issue. take the side off and set a fan blowing into the case then start the game see if it helps. also powmax is woefully underpowered on the 12v rail. with that system you need at least a 400 - 450w with min of about 25-30 amps on the 12v rail.

ibbonkers , your wrong on his psu +12v rail its 25a ive checked on several sites

lets not rule out the psu just yet shall we? while its amper rating looks good enough to run your system ( +3.3@28A, +5@30A, +12@25A, -5@0.3A, -12@0.8A, +5vsb@2A) its a cheap 29$ psu so just cuz its amper rating looks good it doesnt have to mean it really is , download sandra http://www.download.com/3000-2086-10018691.html get into "mainboard information" scroll down to the middle there youll see "voltage sensors" take a screenshot and ill let you know if their stable

So your sure its not my PCIe card or the port?

Also..I never have had any overheating problems nor PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom