ordering tomm. look ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyler1989 said:
I think I understand what you are trying to do and you already told me that you do not plan on upgrading your PC once it's built but I strongly recommend you get a Geforce 5xxx series or 6xxx series then upgrade to a cheaper 8xxx card when they are released later. Even the lower end of the 8xxx series will be better than todays cards and much cheaper I estimate $300.

Your looking at upgrading in a 6-8 month time frame if you do this. and a 5xxx or 6xxx will play WoW just fine and hold you over till then in most ocassions.

Thanks tyler for the advice but

its too late anyways my order was processed this morning and is en-route via fed-ex 2 day

i doubt i will ever spend 300+ for a video card.
like stated earlier the games i play right now arent that demanding
but the 7600gt should serve me fine if i find any current games to play
I was strecthing for the $189
if i get into serious games on down the road i could pick up another 7600gt and run it in sli? maybe

Yea, I've watched plenty of DVD's on a Celeron 2.5ghz, 512mb PC2100 RAM and Intel Integrated Video.

Quality was fine.

aliasaid said:
give it up tyler
Stop suggesting what I think is a good choice... NEVER

If you already ordered thats fine and I do hope that your hardware will suit you fine but if the time does come when you are willing to upgrade to not SLI as currently it is not cost effective and offers small performance gains compaired to getting newer card if I recall there is a sticky thread on SLi/Crossfire.

colin said:
Was wondering if the video card was enough?
I only watch dvds and the only games I play are yahoo spades and
windows solitare.
I might get the 7900 if necessary?
You're joking, right? Those will play no differently with onboard graphics than a 7900gtx. This must be a joke, if it's not, then well....

BTW, tyler,
if you are suggesting the geforce 5 series, thats a no no. The FX series is utter crap. You will be looking in the radeon 9000 range instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom