ram upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

davegibbon87

Solid State Member
Hey my pc is 600mhz celeron, currently running winxp professional. I have 128mb of ram, 2x64mb sticks. I can get 256mb of pc100 sdram. My question is will 256mb+64mb of ram make my pc that much faster than compared to 128?

definetly , but if i were you i would seriously consider installing win2k pro. cuz winxp doesnt run all that great on such slow processors

Ive got win XP on my p3 and my p2, all you gotta do is tweak it a bit. Run 98 themes and disable useless services etc.
It would make a difference, but what I would adise (if bedget permitting) is getting a 512MB to put in addition to your 64MB.

My MB can only support 512ram. I will install 2000(i like it more anyway) HAve any idea what kind of increase im gonna see in speed?

i have a celeron 900 and there was no noticable difference from when i went from 128 to 512 :| but i rekon get the 256 as some programs use alot of memory(if its good value).

-Mark

Basically, your computer will use less virtual memory if you increase your RAM. It speeds your computer up because you are avoiding the constant transfer of data to and from your hard drive (which is slow in comparison to RAM speed). In short, you will have a significant difference when you are running a few programs, but if you run a whole lot of programs, or you run some very big programs, there won't be much of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom