Most important components -[Rate]-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazama

Daemon Poster
I don't know which component i should spend more money on, and spend less on. This is what am thinking [Am probaly wrong] Please correct me. [Don't rate the Mobo please] ta.

PS: This is from a gamers view

1. CPU
2.Video card
3.Hard disk
4.Mermory/RAM
5. PSU
6.Monitor
7.Case
8.Speakers
9.Optical drive
10.Sound Card
11. Mouse/Keyboard

:D Please give your view ta, ;)

1.) Videocard
2.) Memory
3.) CPU
4.) Hard Drive
5.) PSU
6.) Monitor
7.) Sound Card
8.) Speakers
9.) Mouse/Keyboard
10.)Optical Drive / Case (Both of them are pointless as far as gaming goes).

thanks green, So should i downgrade my CPU [AMD X2 4200+ to 3800+] then upgrade my mermory to 2GB . [I haven't made my system yet, Right now am thiking 2x 512MB], for my hard disk [7.2k RPM, 16 MB cache, 250 GB], Anything wrong? Thanks agian

Well its sort of complicated. My top 4 are indeed in the order that you should go, but since they're so high in the list, you shouldn't really skimp on any of them. Don't underestimate the advantage of a good processor, but don't overestimate it either. My recommendation would be to get an Opteron 165 (in between the X2 3800+ and X2 4200+, I believe). You didn't talk about a videocard, even though thats at the top of my list, which one are you planning on getting?

Just curious, but whats your budget?

For gaming:

-Video Card
-Memory
-CPU

Other are not as important as long as they are within the same level of performance as overall system.

Green Radience said:
Well its sort of complicated. My top 4 are indeed in the order that you should go, but since they're so high in the list, you shouldn't really skimp on any of them. Don't underestimate the advantage of a good processor, but don't overestimate it either. My recommendation would be to get an Opteron 165 (in between the X2 3800+ and X2 4200+, I believe). You didn't talk about a videocard, even though thats at the top of my list, which one are you planning on getting?

Just curious, but whats your budget?

Am getting an GF 8 when it comes out and my budget is $2500 AUD

Well it all depends. You not going to get an 8800GT with a 2GB of memory and only an Athlon64 3000+. Personally I think it's better to get a cheaper pair of memory sticks and buy a good CPU.

Why wouldn't 2 gb be good for the 8800? I can see about the cpu holding it back but I dunno bout the RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom