7800GT or 7900GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brtnboarder495 said:
Yea, aren't you comparing the 7800GT vs 7900GT?

The 7800GT's run anywhere ~ $25 cheaper than the 7900GT's, but the 7900GT's are on 90nm, vs the 7800GT's 110nm, they have faster core and memory clocks, and an additional pipeline. Pretty soon the 7800GT's will be more expensive than the typical 7900GT.

So the 7900GT is the better card, but it's cheaper?? What's up with that?

Kazama said:
What! $3000 NZD for that rig, you could get that for about $2100 AUD. Probaly due to the shipping .., From the looks of it the GF8 series is coming out in June/July, If you could wait i would reccomend getting them instead. Also don't go XFX ive heard alot of problems with them, There overclocked over the limit and will be tempepture problems. Probaly BFG, eVGA or Leadtek-[Probaly would come out later]

I know, loads of people on these forums say XFX is a bad brand to go with. But only a few people or so have had problems with XFX cards. Every company is bound to make a few dud cards, people are just unlucky. If you look on newegg, most products lose a star or more on their rating because some people get dud products, and lose their hope in that company forever.

So the 7900GT is the better card, but it's cheaper?? What's up with that?

Yea, don't ask, lots of contributing factors that contribute to why this is the way it is.

Also, some 7800GT's are still cheaper than the 7900GT's, but for the most part the 7900GT's are cheaper.

So the 7800GT is a great card, more expensive than the 7900GT, and not Vista compatible.

The 7900GT is also a great card, less expensive than the 7800GT, and is Vista compatible.

A no-brainer?

umm 7900GT is more expensive, but i would still go with 7900GT, since its like only $25-$50 more expensive.

Ridlyn said:
umm 7900GT is more expensive, but i would still go with 7900GT, since its like only $25-$50 more expensive.

Some 7900GTs are cheaper here already, than some 7800GTs.

So, in the benchs, a 7900GT does better? Think I might go with one then. It would definetely be a no-brainer if it was DX 10 compatible. If only.

I've had no problems w/ XFX. I'll likely be buying a 7900GT (was going to buy a 7800GT good thing I waited...) from XFX...

I like the looks of the new 7900GT... it's like a 7800GTX for a 7800GT's price :) :)
Wonder what'll happen with the remaining 7800GTs... they're already dissapearing and price is dropping a bit... wonder if they'll replace the 6800GS or dissapear... if they get reall cheap.. maybe a 7800GT SLi would be a good idea....

i may be wrong...plz correct me if so, but i think from the FX5900 to the new and upcoming cards will support the new Vista grfx...will be in the driver...i think i read that at microsoft...AND xfx is a good card i have 1 and it is awsome..

XFX is indeed a great brand. Most people who diss it heard it from someone else and don't know what they're talking about. Apparently, only 1 person has had a problem with XFX in the last 6 months on this Forum.

I just ordered 2 7900gt's and a 27" lcd, but even though they are Vists "compatable", they are not dx10 cards, so to play the games we all want to play, we will have to upgrade when G8 comes out. (Wow, run on sentence) I am taking back my x1900xtx because the 2 gt's perform overall better and are close in cost. But I will sell those 2 cards once G8's come out and games are available that take advantage of DX10. Then eventually the A8n-sli deluxe will be replaced with the next gen boards and that is when I think I'll replace my 64 3500+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom