Recomendations for this PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennykyser

Baseband Member
I need to put to gether a PC to run presentation software on my 52" lcd television that has these outputs DVI, S video, Component Video.

The Pc only needs to do this and I want to build it as cheap as possible or fix up an older one. I have built some great PC's with your help but they have been Pentium 4 systems and this one I need just the bare bones.

It needs to run a good video card, have wireles network capability and USB 2.0 and a good audio out to conect to my home theater.

This will be used to project pictures to our clients.

Any ideas, can I buy a fixer up of ebay maybe? you guys always get me going in the right direction so will wait ane listen.

Thanks, and hate to sound stupid but is building an AMD system any harder than building a Pentium system?

On the video card want s video, I know I can use others but will be simpler to use s video and hook to my home theater and let it control all the switching of audio and video. I have a killer system..

S-Video does not carry audio.
System is just as easy to build.
I built 3 with the above components and they rock.
The video card I selected has DVI out.

I know s video doesnt carry audio, but my receiver takes in video from all sources and imputs to TV via Component Video. No switching tv signals.. only select what audio source on stereo and it also switches the video for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom