I changed my mind.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVOC2k5 said:
Personally, I think you should look in a few other directions.

1.) That case is nice, but instead consider looking at like a Cooler Master Centurion w/o PSU for about $50.

2.) The Antec PSU you linked is basically the same as this one here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103931
This one i've link is cheaper and has a $15 MIR.

3.) With the money that you've saved from that uber expensive full tower case, you can better invest it in more storage on your HDD. Look into a Seagate "Cuda" 300GSATA $130

4.) Also, may-be upgrade the sound card to an X-fi Extreme Music.

That's IMO

Well, I'm gonna stick with the case I picked out. I just like the look of it alot. lol

Your right about the PSU. I'll switch that out.

As for the sound card and HDD. We wont need a whole lot of space on this comp, so 120g will be more than enough. The sound card I 'may' upgrade, but it's not a necessity that I do. I think the Audigy 2 is pretty nice.

I really appreciate all the help. Keep it coming. I want this first build of mine to be a good one to remember. :D

Yes keep in mind that your old video card (if its AGP) will not work with this mobo, You will need a PCI or PCI x16 card..

JohnnyX said:
Yes keep in mind that your old video card (if its AGP) will not work with this mobo, You will need a PCI or PCI x16 card..

My old 6800 Ultra is PCI x16, so all should be good..............I hope. :D

That seems like a pretty good case. Cooler Master is a reliable company. Also I think you either get the x-fi xtreme music or no sound card at all. It's only about $30 more and is way better then the audigy 2.

PizzatheHut06 said:
Get an Opteron 165 instead of the X2 3800+. A 165 is literally just a better version of the 3800+

Doesnt the 165 have a slower clock speed than the 3800?

Also, does the opteron require a different mobo than what I have listed?

Brtnboarder495 said:
Wait, does she game? If not, the 6800Ultra is a huge waste, while outdated a bit, it's still a great gaming card.

Yeah, my wife is most certainly a gamer. :D

The ultra is gonna need a good home once my 7900GTX gets here, so it should be comfy in the new comp. LOL

165 is clocked lower than the 3800+ but it more than makes up for it by having double the L2 cache. you can easily (unless you're a screw-up like me) overclock it to past the 3800+, while you can't overclock or do anything ot increase the L2 cache on the 3800. 165 is the better option, and since its socket 939, you can use the same motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom