Poll: Would you rather build or buy...

Which processor should I get for gaming?

• AMD Opteron 170 ($399)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amd Athlon 64 X2 3800+ ($297)

• Something else in this price range

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
build myself i was screwd by xoticpc plus its more fun/ generally cheaper, i would imagine tho installing drivers/ programs would be a pain...my next 2 grand is going to make my new baby

I would rather build it myself.... I can only imagine the horror stories of haveing one built, to find out you got wrong hardware, and try to get it corrected.... http://www.hardocp.com has the BEST pre-built system reviews I have seen, because they make it look like joe customer is buying a PC, not some website buying a PC to do a review.

If I was an occaisional email / internet / word processor user, I would have to say I would go with one of Dell's $400 solutions.... EDIT: best bang for the bargain buck.

When you build it you learn so much, and its so easy to upgrade. Like said earlier, so much easier to maintain.

It's cheaper to build your own, and it's easier to customize. There's no other way, and I think you'll find it that way here on TF.

Ryan

I would LOVE to build but am too scared to break anything and ive got no experience, i would rather customize build it on a website.

Kazama said:
I would LOVE to build but am too scared to break anything and ive got no experience, i would rather customize build it on a website.

Not much that can go wrong, cept frying all your components, but thats why the cases are made out of metal and you can touch them to take the static off you.

I can't find any free guides, You have to pay for them -.-", The free guides are outdated, the mobo changed, AGP - PCI etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom