Windows Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm right now doing troubleshooting on "access denied" to windows updates site. Attempt to change the setting on "Impersonate a client after authentication policy" failed. Attempt to run sc sdset at command prompt failed. The last thing Windows is suggeting me is to change the Group membership. I'm logged on as admin and I seem to be a member of "Administrator" and "Debugger Users".
Now, am I supposed to be a member of "Debugger Users"????

My friend had the same problem before (but in his case, SP2 was NOT preloaded with win xp). He fixed it by installing IIS from Add/Remove Program > windows components.
I tried the same thing but not avail. I know the problems are caused by something to do with COM+...

I want to ask....do you have any software installed like clean slate or deep freeze. This software with out specific rights wont let installations or system changes take affect. These changes won't stick after a reboot. We had some problems with windows update. It flat out won't work, while either of those are installed. Our solution is to uninstall it and then update.

No. We have none of them installed.
The only thing we did was to burn the HD image using Acronia True Image....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom