IBM or Lenovo

Status
Not open for further replies.

atd332

Baseband Member
Hello, i heard that IBM was bought out by Lenovo or something for their laptops. I want to buy an IBM thinkpad from IBM but my friend said that its a Lenovo now, but when i go to the IBM site, it has a laptop on the homepage that still says IBM in the corner of the laptop, but yet it's a lenovo page. Can anyone explain to me the relations between this IBM and Lenovo? If i buy a Laptop off Lenovo.com is it still IBM or is it still IBM thinkpad Quality, because i want a thinkpad because of their extraordinare reliability! If i get it off Lenovo, i wnat to know if im still going to get an IBM or whats goin on here. Thanks guys!!

-Adam
Ic3 Certified
A+ Certified
N+ Certified
CCNA Certified
Security+ Certified

From personal experience, don't get an IDM thinkpad. Although the laptops are good, after your warraunty, it costs more then the laptops worth to get replacement parts.
A new battery for my IBM laptop is just over $2000!

Get a DELL lappy. They have great warranties. One of my dad's co-workers close his laptop on a floppy disk and when he opened it again it ripped off half the keyboard and destroyed the screen. The technician came the next day and replaced both things in the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom