X2 4800+ OC Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the LTD usually be where the CPU parameters are?

I will look for it and to continue to try and increase the cpu speed.

If you want to get your CPU higher try and lower the LDT frequency to 4X from 5X. You have to take that and multiply your HTT to get close to 1000. Your probably hitting the limit with 1150. I'd say with that cooler you can easily push your Vcore up to 1.5 or 1.575. I wouldn't go above 1.6V though.

Thanks for the info I will try and locate the LTD multiplier parameter and change it to 4X. Is there a need to maybe put it at 3X??

How far should I try and overclock the cpu?? If I get too high will it fry or does it all depend on temps??

For the LDT, there is a decent chance that your board auto lowers it when increasing the FSB, but you should check for sure and lower it if necessary.

Like has been said, you want to keep total HT at near 1000 or below. That calculation simply consists of LDT multi X HTT (FSB).

So at stock:

200x5 = 1000

As soon as you increase FSB above 200, you should lower LDT to x4, x4 is good to 250 FSB shown below:

250x4=1000

Now, as soon as you increase FSB above 250, LDT should be lowered to x3 and is then good till FSB hits 333. Understand?

I would guess that your CPU is just maxing out at that vcore, but you have quite a bit of room on vcore right now. You will be completely safe up to 1.6 as long as temps stay in check, so keep an eye on them.

Well max temps for those CPU's are 65*C. Keep it at 50*C and under and your fine. Try and keep it in the high 30's low 40's and your in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom