no "you got a new private message" on top when you get one

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy

Fully Optimized
as title says , i dislike it cuz i have to check my pm's manually , i dont use the popup a new window when message arrived cuz i dont like it

:confused: :beard:

i was alredy aware of that , but its not good enough
its not like im checkin my email every 5 mins, it will be nice to be notified in real time on top when a new one arrives

I don't get your complaint.

I have it set to give me a pop-up, which it does the second I get a PM. I also receive an email... usually about a minute later (which i have my browser set up to notify me when I get an email).

What else do you want? Instant pop-up, one minute email... how much more real time do you need?

He doesn't want to check his mail and he doesn't like pop-ups. What he wants is
"YOU HAVE NEW PM"
on top of each page.

Want in one hand...

I don't know if that is an option in the version of vB Tech-Forums is running... but DMo would know. I'm sure he'll chime in sooner or later.

good job :D , could have like it better if was on top and not down but i guess its better then not having it at all , and just to make it more clear the reason i asked for this to be added is that in my pm tracking several members didnt read the pm's i sent em cuz they didnt use email/popup notification or had a popup blocker not configured to allow popups from this forum so they had no idea they got pms and didnt check em manually. and im sure other members had the same problem its was very frustrating , now that thats no longer an issue everyone will benefit from it ;)

edit: i just noticed it appears only on the main forum page , if you can make it show in every forum section it will be better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom