Video Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emachinessux

Solid State Member
alright, basically..i bought a radeon 9800...the problem is, that for some reason, the chip is too long, i mean the distance between the face plate and the part you insert into the slot on the motherboard is too far and it wont fit in my computer. What should i do? im on a pretty strict budget..i'd like to spend less than 150 on upgrading. any suggestions will be appretiated ..please dont flame on my lack of computer vocabulary.

my guess is , your motherboard have pci-e graphic slot (not agp as your radeon 9800) and thats why it wont fit , whats your motherboard model? then ill know for sure

Generally when an issue like this comes up its because the person is trying to use the wrong slot. though it could be that you have a crap case, i've seen that too :)

Are you positive it's an AGP slot, I've never heard of any connectivity issues if you have the right card for the right slot (unless a fan or something is blocking the way). Post a picture of your motherboard and we can tell you if you forsure have the right slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom