7800GT or 7900GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax

Daemon Poster
Should I look at getting a 7800GT or a 7900GT for my new rig in April? I'm guessing that the 7900GT would be better since it is the newer card, but I just want to be sure. Also, over here, it's about $200 more than the 7800GT. Would it be worth the money? To put it in perspective, the rig in my sig is going to cost me $3,000 NZD. Doubt that helps, but maybe it would.

Also, has anyone else noticed how the fan on the 7900GT looks smaller than the 7800GT's fan? Or is it just me?

ehh, that's a hard one sense of the price difference. Your asking for 4 more pipelines, 90nm, and some faster overclocks for 200 dollars more. OuCh. If it was me, i would go with the 7800GT and upgrade when DX10 comes out :D with the G80's

ehh who cares about the fan size

PZEROFGH said:
ehh, that's a hard one sense of the price difference. Your asking for 4 more pipelines, 90nm, and some faster overclocks for 200 dollars more. OuCh. If it was me, i would go with the 7800GT and upgrade when DX10 comes out :D with the G80's

ehh who cares about the fan size

Actually, after a little investigation, it would only be a $140 difference. I was looking at some weird brand of cards, when I should've been lookin at some XFX cards. Which are the one I am probably going with. I've noticed that it says that the 7900GT is also Vista compatible. Would it be worth the extra $140 for that comaptibilty? Since I probably won't be changing my GPU until Vista comes out.

Yea, aren't you comparing the 7800GT vs 7900GT?

The 7800GT's run anywhere ~ $25 cheaper than the 7900GT's, but the 7900GT's are on 90nm, vs the 7800GT's 110nm, they have faster core and memory clocks, and an additional pipeline. Pretty soon the 7800GT's will be more expensive than the typical 7900GT.

What! $3000 NZD for that rig, you could get that for about $2100 AUD. Probaly due to the shipping .., From the looks of it the GF8 series is coming out in June/July, If you could wait i would reccomend getting them instead. Also don't go XFX ive heard alot of problems with them, There overclocked over the limit and will be tempepture problems. Probaly BFG, eVGA or Leadtek-[Probaly would come out later]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom