DirectX 10 Preview!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazama

Daemon Poster
DirectX 10 out for the GeForce 8 series from nVidia, Well i scoped up a preview from Crytek [Famous for Farcry] Using the DirectX 10 for a new untitled Far Cry Sequel. Using new shaders, HDD , Softshadows + Reatime and more. A new treat to DX-10 is the realistic clouds, Giving it a real look and ... "Feel" [Pass through them with your glider etc.]. Check it out!

======================================
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2363
======================================

Now here's my question, Ive got a old computer and my brother has the slick one [He won't even let me touch it :(], It's my turn to make a new rig and for the long run, Should i wait till June and get my new rig or wait until the fall of 06 and get the GF 8 series with DX 10 .. Ive got no patience!

Note: Watch the HD version if you would like to watch it full screen.

just get it in the summer. You don't want to get a geforce 8 card right when it comes out which by the looks of it you have like no patience and will. You don't because new cards with a new direct x=wait till at least the 2nd run of cards and updates and stuff. so i say get a 7900gt or gtx. also first vista release i hear is dx9 so ur fine

By the time nVidia makes there 2nd card for the GF 8 series it would be around August? .. Maybe i could wait until August .. But you never know the first card could be a hit :)

What I like is the interactive environment where you can destruct anything. Now that's cool lol.

NeedAcpu said:
What I like is the interactive environment where you can destruct anything. Now that's cool lol.

Yea, And this time around with DX10 is looks so physical!, and the graphics is the next step up! ... I want to see Crytek make a game based on facry with the title "Far Cry: Urban" lol :D, instead of setting the scene of the paradise 24/7

That is whay I'm doing, I'm planning on getting a 7900GTX or a X1900XT if the price falls enough then getting the second version of the DX10 cards, the 8900--- or what ever. They might have a 8900GT which is like the 7900GT except with the 8 series and will save me money.

THats already been posted before and is kinda old. Where as the second GOOD gen of DX10 cards well i believe they will come out next year sometime. Im suspecting G80 and R600 will be reasled in september or october. But thats jst from experience w/ these companies and new technology.

P.P. Mguire said:
THats already been posted before and is kinda old. Where as the second GOOD gen of DX10 cards well i believe they will come out next year sometime. Im suspecting G80 and R600 will be reasled in september or october. But thats jst from experience w/ these companies and new technology.

Yeah i posted it like a week after crytek released it.

here's the thread.
7th post down.
http://techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=92910

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom