X2 4800+ OC Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
should I go any lower on the LTD such a 133MHz. Maybe someone could explain exactly what the LTD does. that would be great.

thanks

Well it's not the LTD. It's the ram speed that were talking about. You CPU's HTT and your ram speed want to run in a 1:1 ratio (200MHz : 200MHz). When you raise the HTT the ram speed also goes up, example HTT=205 ram speed=205. So at 250MHz that's probably the max that your ram can handle. When you set it at 166MHz instead of 200 and then put the HTT back up to 250MHz your ram is now running problem free at 216MHz.

This just came to me, Correct me if I am wrong. If I lower the ram to 166MHz then I should be able to increase my multiplier back to 12 where is was originally.

Should I set it back to 12 or leave it at 11 where it is now??

I'd set it back to 12. There's really no point in lowering your multiplier unless you don't want to overclock but increase your system bandwith by upping the HTT.

EDIT: Start over again but this time with your multiplier at 12. Reason being you don't know how high your CPU can go.

Here are the results so far with starting over.

multiplier = 12
RAM = 183 MHz
FSB = 229
vcore = 1.4125
vdimm = 2.7
cpu speed= 2.75GHz
mem Speed = 196.3MHz

If I try and raise the FSB any higher the system crashes. Anything else I should try or is this as high as my cpu will go?

How High can I put the Vcore before the CPU starts to really heat up?? I have a Zalman 9500 CPU cooler. I also have 2 big fans that move 250CFM each mounted on the side to push air in, and 2 120mm fans for moving air out (1 at the back and 1 at the top), not the mention the perferated front panel. I can move plenty of air.

In my bios I have not found any reference to LDT, its prabably called something else. I have an asus A8N32 SLI Delux Mobo. Hopefully someone could point me to the right parameter to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom