Conroe Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm can someone givfe me an estimate of when the conroe will come out. They say November can anyone confirm this?

Umm because Conroe is going to be Socket T (LGA 775) based, just like Cedar Mill. The thing preventing Conroe from running on standard 945 chipsets is the voltage setting issue. The socket on the 965 motherboard is going to be nearly identical, with only changes pertaining to the voltage issue.

It won't be good if AMD's defense doesn't come until a year later, because Intel will truly win the crown back from AMD, which hasn't happened in quite a long time.

Its not a secret. AMD is coming out with K8L next year. Maybe they will release it early.

If AMD doesn't release their new chips early, their K8 chips should be priced very low.

Burton you ignorant a$$ read the post above yours. Ya the one you elaborated on greatly. Ya that was mine. Don't tell me I have not "contributed". Its a discussion forum. I thought it was a funny caption at the time, maybe intel should use it. It was simply a short funny comment "generalizing the situation." So chill out....

Its not so much that I don't believe AMD can ride this through and bounce back, its just phenominal that Intel has actually accomplished something so absurd! They are clearly will to sell for low prices too. AMDs AM2 is hardly an improvement as you all have seen before. AMD needs to really pull some strings to hold onto their share of the market.

Sheesh, this is now the 3rd thread on this I have seen. Most of the issues were addressed in the follow up article and Conroe still beat the AMD by a significant margin. The chipset issue, yeah, but really, what could that make up, 5% at most?

Anyways, as I have pointed out in another response, this is still a $500 CPU against a $1,000 CPU. Unless AM2 chips significantly increase IPC, AMD is screwed, and by the preview, AM2 will not significantly improve IPC.

Conroe should be at 2.9Ghz by the end of the year and 3.33Ghz early 2007. Then we can compare flagship vs flagship. You think that 'super fast chipset' will make the difference? :p

OK, so sue me.
lengua9ep.gif

I didn't see it... my bad.

Haha, exactly. They addressed almost every problem that was brought up. And yea, the 2.66GHz Conroe IS only a high-end mainstream processor, the XE will destroy anything AMD has. No, Intel cheating isn't going to make a speck of difference, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom