Need a Clear Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeds225

Baseband Member
What is the best gaming setup I can build for $1,400? Thats all I'm looking for. I have no idea what to get though. Some help?

Ah you finally left the notebook idea, good choice. Waiting for the Intel 965 chipsets for Conroe or Socket AM2 might be a better idea since they're both happening this summer between June-July.

But if you badly want to build now we can help you out, although you may regret that you didn't wait later on.

It's up to you. $1400 rig threads

We can give you more specific ideas after you answer what I posted above.

Yeah I'm planning on building it in the summer. What are Intel 965 chipsets? and Socket AM2? Also, Were can I go to learn about acctually putting the computer together?
(I'm totally new to this, it will be my first build obviously)

That's cool :D

The best thing to do is read articles online to become familiar with the PC components, like be able to virtually build your computer in your mind and be able to pick out compatible components on Newegg.com without leaving anything out. Stuff like that. Building it is easy, and if you can't do it from the knowledge you've picked up here or from the websites by the summer, then pick up a book or two about building computers. But participating in the forum and reading the threads is a good way to learn too. Read what veteran members reccomend and why.

The Intel 965 chipset is the new chipset that will be on Intel's new motherboards that will support the new CPU, Conroe, which is turning out to be a great gaming CPU and may even beat some of AMD's offerings! Both of these won't be released until July at the earliest.

Socket AM2 is AMD's new CPU socket (current socket is 939, previous was 754, and before that, socket A). It's going to be the platform in which AMD will now release future CPUs on, so buying a Socket AM2 motherboard basically futureproofs your system for at least 3-4 years, if not more. AM2 will allow AMD CPUs to use DDR2 for the first time, and run more siliently and cooler. Performance boosts will be slight, but the real "gift" is that it's futureproof for AMD's new core CPUs (which no one really knows anything about yet).

I hope that suffices as a basic description, you can google Socket AM2 and Conroe for more information.

I wouldn't worry about gathering components for a build yet, as newer ones will be released and prices will change before the summer arrives, so chill till then and get basica knowledge down.

Hope this helps! :D

Conroe will beat all of AMD's offerings... I hope Conroe comes out in July so I can get one of those bad boys in my rig.

Thats way off. We won't even know how the products will perform or cost.

New chipsets, cpus, graphics cards, hard drives, memory...

Search on google, for how to build computers you'll find alot of them, also pzero made a pc building guide do a searc for it, its got pics and everything.

Its not all that hard, you just have to be careful, and make sure to ground urself before you do anything.

turtile said:
Thats way off. We won't even know how the products will perform or cost.

New chipsets, cpus, graphics cards, hard drives, memory...

Intel has already released benchmarks of there new cpus. They show like a 30-40% increase in performance over the fx-60. So take off about 15% since Intel did the benchmarks and they are still better then AMD.

NeedAcpu said:
Intel has already released benchmarks of there new cpus. They show like a 30-40% increase in performance over the fx-60. So take off about 15% since Intel did the benchmarks and they are still better then AMD.

Your point is? Everyone thought the 7900 was going to be a total flop.....and they were wrong......and this is a much bigger claim than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom