Audio (Speaker) problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cway

Baseband Member
Can someone please give some advice on troubleshooting steps on fixing an audio problem?
The desktop speakers were working fine connected to a simple Dell desktop system...nothing fancy.
I wanted to rearranged my desk therefore disconnected everything then reconnected everything back...very simple...done it many times. But this time, my speakers dont work. So, I connected them to another desktop thinking the speakers might have gone bad, but they work fine on the other desktop. How could they work BEFORE disconnecting, then NOT work after reconnecting? Strange!!
Any suggestions on troubleshooting what the problem might be?

Not trying to undermine you, or make you appear stupid, but by any chance have you checked all the audio settings on the computer? I know it's typical for microphones to change settings when you unplug them and then plug them back in.

Yes, as far as i know i have checked all the audio setting from the Volume/Speaker Icon on my taskbar...everything seems to be the way it is suppose to be.
If it is a sound card issue...how does one check or find out?
If it is a settings/driver problem, how does one troubleshoot?

Thx in advance for your time...

Check if the card is sitting good in it's PCI slot (if it isn't onboard audio), try to replug it.

If that not helping, try to reinstall sound card drivers go to Device Manager, and uninstall your sound card, reboot and install the drivers again (dowload from manufacture's website).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom