2 79oogt's vs 1 x1900xtx ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
It seems like 2 7900gt's in sli are going to perform better than 1 x1900xtx, which I have now, but can return. The price is close enough for me, but which setup will run Oblivion better? That is probably the main game I will play up until the DX10 cards are released, along with UT2007 if it comes out. Then I will be upgrading to them obviously. Which way should I go if I plan on dedicating my time to Oblivion? Should I stick with my 1900 and just overclock it, or drop some more and get the 2 gt's and overclock them. I keep hearing different things about how if Oblivion is shader heavy and uses a specific HDR, then the ati card will be better, if not, the 7900gt's will be better. What you guys think? I want to get this stuff ordered and setup so I can forget about this and just wait for the game. Thanks,

Um... That does not help. If i'm going to spend money, I want the most bang for the buck. That is why I asked the specific questions that I did. Anybody else have a more informative answer???

I've seen that chart already. My question is more based on oblivion specifically. I see that GT's win there, but what do you guys know about the HDR technology and shader heavy engine for Oblivion?

Green Radience said:
2 7900GTs will beat both a single X1900XTX or 2 X1900XTXs. Simple as that.

Back that up please. I don't believe you, period. The 7900GTX is a little more comparable to an X1900XTX.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom