Advice on Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKid06

Baseband Member
Im working on my first build...so im a complete novice and I just need a little advice on a motherboard. I will be getting an Athlon 64 4400+ or an Opteron 170 and I have been suggested the DFI Lanpary Ultra-D or Lanparty SLI...and have found mixxed reviews on the cards. Alot say its a great card and others say they have hardware issues. To my question though. If you have used either of these cards...How do you feel about them? and.. What other really good cards are out there if you plan on building a gaming system and plan on doing a lil overclocking?

Thanks,
The Kid

Boards

If your into learning and practicing overclocking go with DFI. Their the best even at stock speeds. If your not into experimenting and want it easy, go with some of the other top brands (Asus. Gigabyte, etc.). Check out the DFI Forum to get a taste....: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/
:D :D

Yeh, I think I'll go with the DFI Board. Is there a difference in performance between the Ultra-D and the SLI ? I plan on only using one GPU Card on the build. So do ya'll think the Ultra-D would be the best choice? Thanks for your input, btw!

DFI is good but often over hyped I find and I have found no reason yet to say otherwise good brands are MSI, ASUS, DFI, Gigabyte.

Yea, DFI's are awesome for OCing, but also somewhat more complicating and they give you a lot more options.

The brands Tyler listed are good for normal, non-OCing setups.

Thanks Guys, I will take a look into those other brands and see if I find something I like better.

The Kid

The MSI can be used for both non-overclocking and overclocking systems. That board is a beast overclocker for the price and very easy to use.

The MSI can be used for both non-overclocking and overclocking systems. That board is a beast overclocker for the price and very easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom