Best graphics card for $200-$300

Status
Not open for further replies.
003 said:
Noo, actually it has 4gb/s of bandwidth upstream and downstream, where as agp has 2gb/s of bandwidth downstream and 1gb/s upstream, but that really makes no difference.

You just said yourself that there is no difference. All I said was that it has a bigger power output (I never said that was the only difference, just the only one that really matters between cards that come in both slot versions ). What exactlly did I say wrong?

Lol, exactly ... there is technical difference ... but no performance upgrade :p Also, the AGP 6800GS is supposed to be better than the PCI-e 6800GS because it can be unlocked to 16 pipes, and OC'd to clocks faster than the stock PCI-e. That's basically faster than the 6800U ever was. But the PCI-e can OC further because it comes with faster stock clocks, and AGP technology is on it's way out the door, so it's kinda like AGP's last hurrah :p

Beefcake said:
There is virtually no performance difference between AGP and PCI-E. PCI-E just has a bigger power output then an AGP slot has.

I know that. I also know more than you. Don't kid me. Don't tell me things.

PCI-E 6800GS = 12 pipes, 425Mhz Core Speed.
AGP 6800GS = 12 pipes, 350MHz Core Speed.

Since I have to explain everything to you, the AGP 6800GS loses to the PCI-E 6800GS. However, the 6800GS AGP can be unlocked to 16 pipes, making it equal the performance of the 6800GT PCI-E and 6800GS PCI-E. Thats why I said that its a very good option for AGP.

But the agp version has nvidia 40 while pci-e has nividia 42, so the AGP can unlock to 16 pixle pipelines, which makes a big differnce.

But I just want the bottom line. If i was to get a 7800GS
(which is $300) dollars,
would it be a good deal,
or should i get the 6800gs
or should i wait and stick with my x300 radeon (haha... joke)

Dont want a war, jus want some answers.. :D

But so far i am planning on getting the 6800gs, cause i wanna use the extra money for cooling and other extra things i could use....

But if the 7800gs is a lot better, than i would buy it right away
I jus wanna have a video card that will last a long time
(and that doesnt take my whole wallet away at the same time)
But it seems the 7800gs is soo much better cause of the extra technology they put into it... like the shadow thingy and the other stuff mentioned on there site..
Here are the stats 4 some of the people who didnt already know
http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=256-A8-N506-AX&family=22
http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=256-A8-N397-TX&family=17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom