7600GT, 7900GT, 7900GTX Performance Revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brtnboarder495 said:
I'd use more than just one source first of all, at least three. It's fair to say the cards are tied in performance, give or take a few FPS depending on the game. Either card is worth buying since they share the same performance and price. Selling your X1900XTX to buy a 7900GTX is a stupid idea.

In the other thread, with the guy asking about the performance of his X1900XT compared to the 7900GTX, I posted 3 different benchmarks. Anandtech showed similar performance, HardOCP showed the 7900GTX beating the X1900XTX, and Guru3D showed the 7900GTX beating the X1900XTX.

Don't tell me whats a stupid idea and what isn't. I've done far more research on this than you, so quit with the telling.

Brtnboarder495 said:
I will agree with you once you post your benchies proving that. Also, if the 7800GTX 512 beats the X1900XT(X), it's still at least 1.5x as expensive, if not twice as much. It rarely tops the X1900XT(X) and that's most in Nvidia optimized games.

Ok? I'm not telling anyone to buy it. Beefcake said that he couldn't believe the 7800GTX-512MB was doing so well. I just proved that it could do that well, and that the benchmarks are perfectly legit. Did you read anything about me telling people to buy the card? This is about the authenticity of the benchmarks, not the price of a 7800GTX-512MB.

Well I base my suspicion not off a review but off the fact that I know people that have X1900XTs and some with 7800GTX 512MBs and the X1900XTs perform better
yeah, and how about the rest of the system that these friends are using? Telling me simply what graphics cards they use mean absolutely crap if one has a 3000+ venice stock and the other has an FX-57 or something.

Please keep in mind that the ATI X1900XT/X drivers are still premature.
Well considering they blatantly say 'beta' on that website and they say nothing about the ATI drivers, nor do I know anything about ATI's drivers, how am I supposed to know they were 'premature' as well.

Green Radience said:
Whats up with the 7800GTX-512MB crap? It has been shown to rival, and be better than the X1900XT/X in games in the X1900XT/X's own benchmarks over at Xbit Labs. Get over your noobish fanboyish and look around before you say something.

If you knew more about video cards you would know that the X1900XT beat out the 7800GTX 512MB in FEAR. I'm only talking about FEAR because that was ATI's baby when they first launched their X1900 cards.

Also of course I'm talking about 1600 x 1200 because the new cards (7800GTX 512MB, X1900XT/X, and 7900GTX) all pimp slap anygame in 12 x10 resolution. Cards are so powerful right now that those cards are MADE to play at high resolutions and what is with all the LCD crap. Yes I know most gamers play on them but I never said a **** thing about LCDs just the fact that those cards give the best visuals in higher resolutions. The frames stay so high in those resolutions that you won't notice a frame difference between the two.

Maybe if you been on these forums longer mister 76-post guy you will see that I am not a fanboy. To the rest of the veteran forum have I ever shown any ATI fanboyism? The X1900 cards are great cards and almost EVERYBODY expected the X1900 cards to win once they heard that the 7900GTX was only going to be 24 pipelines. I am still bidding that the X1900XT/X might beat out the 7900GTX in very heavy shaded games that will come out. I am actually thinking about the 7900GTX but since the X1900XT is going to drop in price I will get that because I like saving money.

And most of that stuff I was basing off of was from the PC perspective review which has shown that X1900XT does great at high resolutions.

As games become more heavily shaded, games will perfom better on ATI's cards unless Nvidia shifts to something like a 1:2, 1:3 or 1:4 ratio.

Here you go, the first Anandtech review of the X1900XT

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2679&p=12

Look at the performance difference between the single X1900XTX versus the 7800GTX 512MB. Did nvidia release a new driver or something that boosted performance because I never knew about it.

On 1940 x 1200 resolution a single XTX beat out SLI 7800 512MBs.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/315/20/
http://firingsquad.com/hardware/ati_radeon_x1900_xt_preview/page13.asp
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4477&page=11
fear_candy.gif

Heres a bench from Xbit labs with all the "eye candy" turned on

As you can see I am very confused right now.

78 posts, I'll have you know. And I have 4000+ posts on another Forum, so I've been around Hardware longer than you think. Certainly longer than you, Mr. I-just-joined-hardware-5-months-ago. PC Perspective? You expect them to have the technology, skills, and experience that Anandtech, HardOCP, and Guru3D have to offer?

I'm not going to bother arguing. Fact is, I'm ditching my X1900XT for a 7900GTX, c'mere lovely.

EDIT: I've already seen the benchmarks. But I've already proven that the benchmarks are legit. Why don't you e-mail Anandtech about them?

Videocard performance vaires HUGELY from week-to-week. Look at the very first FEAR benchmarks with the 7800GTX and X1800XT, and you'll see performance inconsistencies compared to today.

Green Radience said:
78 posts, I'll have you know. And I have 4000+ posts on another Forum, so I've been around Hardware longer than you think. Certainly longer than you, Mr. I-just-joined-hardware-5-months-ago. PC Perspective? You expect them to have the technology, skills, and experience that Anandtech, HardOCP, and Guru3D have to offer?

I'm not going to bother arguing. Fact is, I'm ditching my X1900XT for a 7900GTX, c'mere lovely.

I'm not talking about your experience with hardware. I'm talking about your experience on THESE forums not someother forums. You're calling me a fanboy when youre new to these forums so don't act like you know me as a fanyboy.

I'm just wondering how all the sudden a 7800 GTX 512MB suddenly performs like the X1900XTX thats all. The only thing I can think of is that they released a new driver, or something was wrong with the tests or something.

As for my friends with the video cards, I know 2 people with X1900XT who I play at LAN parties with all the time with and one has an FX-55, and the other has a 3700+. The person I know with the 7800GTX 512MB has a 4400+. They all have 2GB of RAM, and the XTs got an average of over 10 frames faster in FEAR then the 7800 512.
Nubius I know that you know that the CPU won't give that much of an increase unless you compare a FX-57 to a 2800+ Althon XP or something like that.

And these are the people know personally, I'm not counting my friends online.

Seems like there has been a misunderstanding. There were many people bashing the X1900XT without something to back it up. I called everyone in general who was bashing the X1900XT a fanboy, not directed at you.

Personally, I've been waiting for these cards to launch. At first glance I was considering (2) 7900GT's for SLI on my ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe. But, now i think i'm going to settle for (1) 7900GTX overclock it a bit and wait for ASUS/Ageia PPU cards to launch.

I think the PPU & GPU & CPU combo makes ten times more sense then filling up your system with videocards.... And seeing as the 7900GTX is dual slot, it's going to be very tough to go SLI anyway. It can be done for sure in my TT Shark Full tower... But, that's not going to leave much room for X-fi or a PPU card.

The 1900XTX looks really sweet too... but, This rig i'm building is for Unreal2007 and Unreal games love NVIDIA. Except for UT2003 which seemed to be ATI with much better performance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom