New Computer Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuicideMayne

Baseband Member
What do you guys think of my new comp?

System

Processor :: AMD Athlon 64bit 4000+ @ 2.6Ghz (Custom Danger Den Water Cooling)
Memory :: 2GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC4000 @250Mhz (3-3-3-8)
Video :: Evga 7900 GTX 512MB Superclocked 700/1800
Motherboard :: LanParty UT nF4 SLI-D
Hard Drive :: 200Gb Western Digital Hardrive
Power Supply :: PC Power & Cooling 510 SLI ready
Case :: Lian Li PC-6070APLUS
Sound Card :: Sound Blaster Audigy 2

How can you have already overclocked a video card that just came out today? The superclocked is 690mhz core and 1740 memory or something around there.

Also Windows XP Pro x64 bit versions sucks I'm sorry to say. Crucial Ballistix is a waste of money seeing as how the high price tag offers hardly any overclocking advantage then other PC4000 sticks. Also an X-Fi sound card would have been a better decision. But everything else looks pretty cool.

I woulda went with a 74GB 10K Raptor, and an Opty 165 or x2 4400+. I personally like PC3200 over that stuff, more stable, better timings, not as expensive and no slower than that stuff you got.

Nice PSU, I would of preferred a more powerful wattage though.

I love how the n00bs are always somehow rich enough to buy the 00ber rigs.

PC Power & Cooling are the best kind of PSUs you can get, but there really expensive. As long as your using a single card the 510 watt PCP&C is really great PSU (even though it can handle two cards 510 watts is kind of pushing it 550 watt IMO is the minimum if you've gone for a dual GPU setup).

Raptors are a waste of money, I think I remembered it made loading times in Doom 3 increase by 5 seconds, wow... that is definatlly worth the money. (sarcasm)

**** sorry missed the PCP&C thing, I knew they were a reputable brand, my bad!

But that's still a rather low wattage, I would of shot for something higher for future upgrades and OCs, that's just me though.

what do u mean noob i was on here with my SLI 6800GT rig i just added new ram and video card. i have been building comps for a few years..

noob naw man.

i can afford it because i work for it..

i do know what u are saying tho about how some people just have all the money and buy a bomb *** rig and say " will all this work fine?"

but yea man no noob here..

and as for the ram i dont really like it i keep getting BSOD

Haha, no I just think it's funny how those who are lesser knowledgeable in computer technology always have these uber rigs and are like "is SLI x2 7900GTX's good?"

If anything it should be the other way around :p

You say you've been around, but you have fourty posts?

At least type in somewhat correct English too, you'll gain more respect that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom